Today we went grocery shopping at Walmart and Cookes. I had sticker shock walking through Walmart, so we didn't buy as much as we normally would at this time of the month.
Here is what we picked up at Walmart:
Orange Juice 2.38Parmesan Cheese 5.78Cheddar Cheese $4.22100 Corn Tortillas 3.38Lettuce 1.28Tomatoes $1.98Green Grapes $4.87Tetley Tea $1.68Bigelow Orange Tea $2.48Mashed Potatoes 78¢Squeeze Ginger $3.44Sprite $5.78Sugar $4.97Log Cabin $5.64English Muffins $1.18Whole What Bread $1.48Italian Bread 50¢Carrots $1.54Potatoes 3.17
The other place we shopped was Cooke's, and we went there because they had a great sale on peanut butter. The eighteen ounce jars were priced at $1.00 each, so I stocked up and bought ten jars. Here is what we bought there:
Peanut Butter $1.00 JarFrozen Broccoli 10/$10Pumpkin Tea bags 74¢
I have to say I was disappointed shopping in Walmart as I can see their prices are just slightly higher than other places we shop. Anywhere from 50¢ and up on several different items adds up and it's the reason I don't shop there exclusively.
Anyway, I'll be checking the sale ads on Wednesday again and seeing what's on sale. I didn't want to pass up the peanut butter sale this week, which ends tomorrow.
Belinda~ Living within our Means ~
0 Comments